Tuesday morning was our field trip to For the Kidz Gymnastics! THANK YOU to the wonderful moms who gave up their morning to spend time jumping, running, and playing with our class! The kids spent time in 5 different centers: an obstacle course, a foam pit, a bounce house, trampolines, and a rope swing. I bet your kids slept well that night! 🙂
- February 26: 100th Day of School- see reminders section
- Tuesday, February 26: 100th Day! Celebrate with Zero the Hero by dressing as a favorite super hero. This can be a traditional hero or one you create! We will focus on the gifts (super powers) God has given each one of us!
- Thursday, February 28: No PM Elementary bussingHeart Sheets: If you have decided as a family to set money aside for our Philipine student the Kindergarten classes sponsor, please turn in the February heart/donation sheet and money. Thank you!
- March 1: No PM bussing
- March 5: Optional Parent Teacher Conferences *Please email me by Sunday to let me know if you would like to have a conference together. Thank you!
- March 31: Baby Izenbaard’s Due Date 🙂
Bible: We continued learning about miracles. This week we focused on the great catch of fish and Jesus’ teaching about being fishers of men. When we learned about being fishers of men we practiced this song that has also been a favorite during our Kindergarten singing time on Wednesday mornings.
Below is our new Bible verse:
Miracles Bible Verse: Pidan, y se les dará; busquen, y encontrarán; llamen, y se les abrirá. Mateo 7:7
“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” Matthew 7:7
Literacy: This week we continued our conversations about verbs. We learned that verbs with él, ella, or usted usually end in a or e. Then we categorized verbs according to their different kinds.
- Reading strategy: Visualizing
- Read aloud: El ratoncito, la fresa roja y madura, y el gran oso hambriento
- Vocabulary words
- fresa (strawberr)
- madura (ripe)
- la planta (plant)
- el oso (bear
- el ratón (rat)
- Word wall word: quiero (I want)
- Phrase of the week: Tengo __ años ___. (I’m ___ years old.)
- Letter of the week: Qq
Math: In math we continued talking about teen numbers and searching for groups of 10 inside the bigger numbers. We also practiced writing some teen numbers the school way.
Writing Workshop: We did a couple extra rounds this week and I’m THRILLED with all the growth I saw! Everyone is writing their very own pattern books, choosing from the patterns Yo veo ____. Me gusta _____. or Mira _____. We learned that sometimes on the last page of their pattern books authors include a surprise ending by changing the pattern. I challenged the kids to try this in one of their books this week.