1. Why did the merchants want to get east so badly?
2. Why couldn’t traders take a land route anymore?
3. Share information about the two explores you studied.
Vasco da Gama:
In 1488, Portuguese explorer Bartolomeu Dias became the first European sailer to round the southern tip of Africa, opening the way for a sea route from Europe to Asia. A major victory for Portugal, Dias’ breakthrough opened the door to increased trade with India It also prompted Christopher Columbus to seek a new sponsor for a mission to establish his own sea route to the Far East.he was at the court of the king of Portugal Dias was probably in his mid- to late 30s in 1486 when he was appointed to head an expedition in search of a sea route to India.
4. What kinds of items did sailors bring with them on their expeditions?
- 300 pairs of clothes
- 11,738 liters of water
- 7,820 servings of fruit and vegetables
- A extra sail for the ship
- Extra wood if something breaks on the ship
- A map
- Cannons and guns to stay safe
5. Describe the importance of teamwork during a group project.
If we didn’t have teamwork then the group part of the project wouldn’t work and we wouldn’t get anything done because we wouldn’t agree on anything.
6. How did the expeditions benefit the King or Queen’s countries?