Parents, here is additional info and updates from ZCS as of 5/26:
1) Wednesday, May 27- RETIREMENT DRIVE-THROUGH CELEBRATION-10:00-11:00AM @ ZCS Bus Drive (front of the building. Honoring Mrs. Keen, Mr. Sneller, and Mrs. Zwiep
Make signs, bring a card to drop-off, or simply cheer them on as we celebrate over 80 years of service to Zeeland Christian School.
2) ZCS LIVE/VIRTUAL AUCTION- LIVE HERE!
3) FACEBOOK LIVE– Worship from ZCS!! Wednesday, May 27- at 11:30 AM- Join us as we worship together one final time for the 2019-2020 school year!
See Mrs. Walters’ Newsletter below:
Dear Parents, May 25-29, 2020
I hope you are enjoying a beautiful Memorial Day weekend! As you celebrate with family this weekend, please join me in remembering those who have served and are serving in the U.S. military armed forces. It is with grateful hearts that we acknowledge these men and women who have faithfully served our country, many of whom who have given their lives. Zeeland posted a Youtube pre-recorded service you can watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X04XDtIHZ0c&feature=youtu.be.
It is hard to believe that we are in the final week of our school year. YOU have been so incredibly diligent to persevere through these very challenging unprecedented last 9 weeks. Thank you for your encouragement to your children to help them navigate distance learning amidst many different emotions and various levels of grief. I know you have been stretched in more ways than ever was anticipated, and have stepped up in so many extra ways by homeschooling full time. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!! I am blessed by you and praise God for you! I pray that you are able to rest and be refreshed this summer. I look forward to beginning a new year in the fall together!
As we enter into our final week of learning, here are a few details to keep in mind for Tuesday and Thursday:
- Zoom Meetings: The links are the same (always the same for each meeting) but the times are different this week: Tuesday: Show and Tell – Kdg/1st at 10:30; 2nd/3rd at 10:50 and 4th/5th at 11:10. Thursday: Kdg-5th- 11:30-12:00- Ice cream party- make your own (recipe in blog) or come with your own.
- Congratulations to our 5th Graders! I am so excited for Bryler and Greyson as they transition to middle school in the fall! We will miss them! Please see the Seesaw activity to complete on Tuesday. Each student should choose 1 page to add a text box with a short message. I will print these and give them to our 5th grade friends as a farewell gift! 🙂
- Friday: Pick Up Day at ZCS- Meet me at our Fire door at the east parking lot: I have a bag filled with each child’s belongings to give to each student. Please plan to bring your child’s laptop to school to turn in (and charger) as well as book bag, books, etc.Please follow the school-wide family schedule to come to school at your designated time (30 minute window): (Meet me at the fire-door adjacent to the east parking lot.)
9:00 – 9:30 Adams – Coxon. (Bischoff, Bosma, Brouwer, Busscher)
9:45 – 10:15 Culver – Glerum (DeWitt)
10:30 – 11:00 Grant – Karsten (Ippel)
11:15 – 11:45 Kass – Markoski (Larsen)
12:30 – 1:00 Maul – Ritzema (Sievert)
1:15 – 1:45 – Rugg – VandenBosch (Senik, Sliedrecht, Swindell)
2:00 – 2:30 – VandenBrink – Zwagerman
Please plan to please drop off your child’s ZCS library books and bus tags just inside the front entrance of school. (Thank you.)
- Library Books- Mrs. Joustra has placed a cart and a sign in the front entryway of school to collect the books. She will check on this every couple of days. You do not need to wait until the last day of school to return books. Thank you!
- Bus Tags: Zeeland Public Transportation Dept. is asking parents start handing in their bus tags. (Please remember there is a charge for any bus tags not returned…)
Zeeland Public Transportation Dept. is asking you to please return your child’s bus tags. Please do so as soon as possible. You may do so by:
Dropping off at a meal distribution sight. Sights and schedule listed under Meal Service HERE.
Mailing to Zeeland Public Transportation Dept.: 720 E. Main, Zeeland, MI 49464
Dropping off at Zeeland Christian in the front entry in the marked box. Front entrance doors are open until 4:00 p.m. daily.
I pray you are able to take time for yourself and your family this summer. I pray we are able to get together at some point to reconnect before school starts again in the fall! I will keep you posted with any new developments. I praise God for you!
2 Timothy 4:7- “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.”
I look forward to seeing everyone on Friday!
With a grateful heart,