Good evening parents! Hope you had an awesome weekend! This week we have a half day on Wednesday due to Tulip Time Festival in Holland. I hope you enjoy the extra time with your kids this week.
- Market Day Update:
- I sent an email with a tentative plan for the kids that they came up with. Please stay in touch with your group, so everybody is on the same page in the group.
- I will be checking the group’s financial books this week. They have to make sure that the amount of money in their envelopes matches the amount of money in their financial books.
- Also, please remind your child to bring whatever they need to film their commercials this week. We won’t have a lot of time and they are due this Friday. I reminded them, but please help me reminding them as well.
- We have our Field trip to Jhon Ball Zoo on May 18
- Attending parents are:
- Michelle Koop
- Nikki Heil
- Deb Lamer
- This is an all day field trip so please send your child with a complete disposable sack lunch
- Also, please check the weather and send them with appropriate clothing.
- Attending parents are:
- May 10- Half day (Tulip Time) Class until 11:50 am
- May 11 & 12– No hot lunch or PM bussing
- May 18– Jhon Ball Zoo Field Trip
- May 19– Market Day
- May 9– Sara Devries
- May 16– Michelle Koop
Bible: We are talking about the division of the kingdom.
Bible Memory Verse:
Due date: Friday, May 12 (new date)
6 Tal es la generación de los que a ti acuden, de los que buscan tu rostro, oh Dios de Jacob.[b] Selah 7 Eleven, puertas, sus dinteles; levántense, puertas antiguas, que va a entrar el Rey de la gloria 8 ¿Quién es este Rey de la gloria? El Señor, el fuerte y valiente, el Señor, el valiente guerrero. 9 Eleven, puertas, sus dinteles; levántense, puertas antiguas, que va a entrar el Rey de la gloria 10 ¿Quién es este Rey de la gloria? Es el Señor Todopoderoso; ¡él es el Rey de la gloria!
- I will continue with reading assessments
- We will begin with our new AALPA project for the next 2 weeks.
Writing: We will learn ways that essayist select mini-stories as evidence to support their ideas. We will also learn that writers use direct quotes to support their claims about a text; and that writers not only use stories as quotes as evidence, they also list to support their claims.
- 7-6 Compare fractions with unlike denominators
- 7-7 Make and use line plots with fractions
- 7-8 model related fractions, decimals, and mixed numbers
Update above about Market Day